Ryan J. Clarkson is a founding partner of Red Law, LLP and leads the firm’s Class Action Department. His litigation experience transcends a number of legal disciplines, including consumer protection, defective products, personal and catastrophic injury, mass torts, securities and investor fraud, anti-competitive practices, pharmaceutical litigation, illegal employment practices, and environmental litigation.
Mr. Clarkson has earned a reputation as a persuasive oral advocate and compelling writer. He possesses a unique ability to synthesize complex legal issues and convey his client’s position in a simple yet gripping message: “Complex litigation should not be complicated,” says Mr. Clarkson. “Once all pertinent facts are considered and all applicable law is evaluated, the case should boil down to a compelling theme and a clear, logical story. This is best achieved by taking a step back and considering all of the evidence from a ‘big picture’ perspective.”
Prior to co-founding Red Law, LLP, Mr. Clarkson litigated at a prestigious class action and complex civil litigation plaintiff firm in Southern California. Before making the transition to the plaintiff side, Mr. Clarkson litigated at one of the Midwest’s largest and most distinguished law firms, where he represented some of the most influential multi-national corporations in the world.
During his time in the Midwest, Mr. Clarkson learned the “ins” and “outs” of defense litigation. That experience provides him with tremendous insight as a plaintiff trial lawyer: “As a defense lawyer, I learned how to poke holes in a plaintiff’s case until it no longer held water. But I also learned how to properly value a case and exercise good business judgment on behalf of my client in order to elicit an expeditious, cost-effective, and fair resolution.”
Courts have certified Mr. Clarkson as class counsel in state-wide and nation-wide class action cases. He has resolved numerous matters on behalf of his clients with amounts in controversy exceeding tens of millions of dollars.
Mr. Clarkson grew up in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Clarkson is very proficient in French and Spanish. In his spare time, Mr. Clarkson enjoys playing golf, basketball, and softball. He also enjoys foreign languages and films.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)